Members of the Society enjoy a range of benefits, many of which are available to all members, should they reside in Wellington or not.
- The New Zealand Numismatic Journal (one or two issues per year, free to members)
- Regular newsletters (two or three per year)
- Access to the full website (which includes electronic access to the NZNJ, the newsletters, other articles, comprehensive numismatic links, photo album, and comment/discussion facility
- Monthly Wellington meetings
- Timely information on the latest events in New Zealand numismatics
- Access to a wealth of numismatic information: library, newsletters, NZNJ, and the expertise and experience of members
- Participation in regional events (e.g. annual meetings with Wanganui and Manawatu Numismatic Societies)
- Participation in occasional major events (e.g. 2006 RNSNZ and WCC anniversary convention)
- Being a part of a numismatic society with a national identity
The Society provides, from time to time, an advocacy role for New Zealand numismatics, and provides public information on numismatic events and happenings (e.g., the “coin frenzy” associated with the 2004 5 cent coin). Your membership helps support these efforts to foster a national interest in numismatics and to improve conditions for collectors.